Sword Information and FAQ's
As our web site, and the information it contains, has grown, we have had to redesign the Sword Information and FAQ pages. This section will continue to grow over time.
- How to choose the proper length military sword or saber
- Caring for your military sword/saber.
- Military Weddings and Swords/Sabers.
- Repairing and Refurbishing Swords/Sabers.
- How to wear a Military Sword, or an Honor Guard Sword.
- Why is there a six-pointed star like the Star of David on the U.S. sword blades?
- Information about Finishes (lacquered, anodized, and plated.)
- Historical Sword Identification and Research
- How to wear the US Army Officer Saber.
- How to wear the US Army NCO Sword.
- Illustrated Army Saber Buying Guide: The Small Details Can Make a Big Difference.
- When to wear the Army Saber or NCO Sword.
- Army Sword/Saber Manual of Arms (FM3-21.5)
- When is a "U.S. Army Sabre" a "U.S. Army Saber"?
- Is it an Army Sword or an Army Saber?
- When is a "West Point Sword" a "West Point Saber"?
- Should a Chaplain or Medical Officer wear a Saber?
- How to wear the Navy Sword.
- How to wear the Navy Sword Knot (includes video).
- How to wear the Navy CPO Cutlass.
- What About the New US Navy CPO Cutlass Design?
- Is the CPO Cutlass Certified by the Navy?
- How to wear the Public Health Service Sword.
Public Health Service
- How to attach the Marine Officer Sword knot.
- How to wear a Marine NCO Sword.
- What is a "certified" Marine sword?
- Background: are they Marine Sabers or Marine Swords?