Awards Builder: New Regulations
The following is a list of changes to awards regulations per DA PAM 670-1, effective May 25, 2017.
These changes will not be reflected in the Awards Builder, as it has not been updated with the recent changes, but your order will reflect the new regulations.
- The maximum number of medals on one row is 4. They may be overlapped to fit narrower lapels. Lapels vary, please contact us if you have any questions.
- Miniature stars (1/8)” are now worn on miniature medals. Four stars are placed in one row, instead of a row of three stars with the fourth one above them.
- Miniature “V” devices (1/8)” are now worn on miniature medals.
- Numeral devices (for Air Medal, Armed Forces Reserve Medal, or Multi-National Force & Observers Medal) are no longer worn on miniature medals.
- The arrowhead device is no longer worn on miniature medals.
- Oak leaf devices for miniature medals remain the same size (5/16)”.
- If four stars are worn on a full-size medal, they are now placed in a row of four, instead of a row of three stars with the fourth one above them.
- If the number of devices on any ribbon would exceed 4, a second ribbon is worn instead. This rule applied only to oak leaf clusters before, but now includes any combination of devices, including a “V” worn with oak leaf clusters or an arrowhead worn with campaign stars. This rule applies to ribbons only; more than four devices can be worn on full-size and miniature medals.