ASU Officer Shoulder Marks
- Sold in pairs
- Standard Mylar $11.50
- Bullion $24.75 Discontinued item
- Available in Long and Short versions
Marlow White's shoulder marks are available in the deluxe bullion or the standard nylon. All ranks are available. See Details tab for additional information.
How to Wear: Shoulder marks (or rank tabs) are worn on ASU shirts, the maternity shirt, the black cardigan sweater, the all-weather coat, and the windbreaker. AR 670-1 refers to large and small (not male or female) and allows soldiers to wear either size in a manner that fits the shoulder loop so that the buttons are completely visible and the Velcro tabs are completely usable in a manner that allows the marks (tabs) to lay flat and not scrunch up.
What size do I Order?
Male ASU Shirts:
- For Marlow White shirts, the large shoulder marks fits size 14 and up.
- Some manufacturers have slightly smaller shoulders, so on other brands, Size 14 may require small shoulder marks.
Female ASU Shirts:
- For size 8 and down, use small shoulder marks.
- For size 12 and up, use large shoulder marks.
- Size 10 is borderline and is personal preference, though we would recommend small shoulder marks.
We do not stock and sell sweaters, maternity wear, windbreakers, or overcoats, so we cannot definitively recommend a size on these items. Nearly all overcoats and windbreakers will accept the large tab, though. Sweaters that fit a medium frame or smaller will generally need the small tab to allow the tab to lay flat.
Note of Dimensions in AR 670-1 (11 November 2017): The dimensions listed for the base and top width of the marks are correct, but the AR leaves out that these are the INSIDE measurements (as noted on the Institute of Heraldry drawings), so that the marks correctly fits the shoulder loops of the uniforms.