Estimated Delivery Time
We have created this chart to provide a general idea of how much time is required for your order to arrive at your doorstep from the time you order. If you have a wear-date deadline, please read the entire page, including the text below the chart! Please allow at least 4 hours before you call regarding your order.
What Is a Business Day? A "business day" for order processing (yellow portion of the graph) is a day when Marlow White is open; please review our holiday schedule. A "business day" for the transit time (red portion of graph) does not include the Federal holidays.
Processing Time for General Items: We generally like to ship within 24 hours (1 business day) of receiving your order; however, please allow us up to 2 business days to ship general items. Special items that require more time are listed in the next paragraph. We prioritize our Priority Overnight, Standard Overnight, and 2 Day Air orders. For orders that are being shipped Priority Overnight, Standard Overnight, or 2 Day, we will try our absolute best to ship these orders out within 24 hours. Please note that same-day shipping is not same-day delivery. We do not arrange for same-day-delivery courier service through airlines. For those of you who must have overnight delivery, our policy is:
- Telephone orders: For same-day shipping, please call us with your order before 1:00 p.m. (CST). If the item is in stock, we will do our best to ship it out the same business day. For telephone orders received after 1:00 p.m. (CST), we cannot guarantee to ship out that same day, but will try our best, depending on the volume of other orders at that time, on our FedEx pick-up time, etc. Please alert us of the urgency while on the phone; we will do our best.
- Web orders: Web orders which arrive at Marlow White by 8:00 a.m. (CST) and are in stock will generally ship out that same business day. We cannot guarantee same-day shipment of web orders that arrive after 8:00 a.m. (CST). If you send us a web order that you wish to go out the same day, please telephone us at 1-800-255-6136 to alert us of the urgency.
Processing Times for Special Items:
- Back ordered items: The item page will often give an idea of the delay before shipping. While we are currently evaluating the expense of an active inventory-to-web interface, we currently keep it up to date manually as best as we can.
- Special order items: The item page will note that the item is special order and will give an estimated production time.
- Low density items: We do our best to maintain low-density items (e.g., 36S coats, 7-3/4 field grade hats, etc.), but we occasionally have unusual surges on the low-density items.
- Mess Jackets: Because of possible facing changes, please allow about 2 weeks, and up to 3 weeks, for us to ship.
- Alterations: Please plan on about one week, though the time is dependent on the current workload in our shop.
- Personalized items (e.g. laser etched items):These items typically require 3 days to produce.
Recommended Buffer Time: We recommend that you add an additional day on top of all other estimates. By giving us an extra day, you allow yourself some "reserve time" or a "Plan B" in the event your package gets lost or some other unusual problem arises. In such emergencies, we are almost always able to overnight a replacement to meet your deadline. Without the extra day of buffer, there is not much we can do.
Operational and Holiday Delays for APO/FPO Deliveries: Periodically, as our Armed Forces ramp-up operations in an overseas area served by APO/FPO addresses, mail deliveries take a secondary priority for delivery into the theater of operations behind other logistic needs. Similarly, mail service into APO/FPO during the months of November and December are usually slowed. The US Postal Service and unit mail rooms should have current recommended times during these periods.
"An Action Passed Is Not an Action Complete" - Communication with Marlow White: If you have submitted a rush order that you must absolutely have on time, please follow-up your order with a phone call or an e-mail to Customer Service to confirm that we have the items in stock and that we will be able to ship in time to make your wear date. If you send us an e-mail, please make sure we respond to it. While not common, due to spam filters and human error, we have occasionally failed to receive e-mail messages. If you do not receive a response to your e-mail, please call us.