CLEARANCE Male FG Officer ASU Cap - Nylon brim, Premium™ fabric
- Complete with non-tarnish cap device, branch-colored braid, gold chin strap, and buttons (Army or Engineer Officer as needed)
- Natick-certified cloth
- Natick-certified workmanship
IMPORTANT DA PAM 670-1 WARNING: The DA PAM 670-1 (para. 13-12d) states that the cap will be the same material as the coat. We highly recommend purchasing and wearing the Premium™ cap with a Premium™ uniform.
Make sure you order the correct size! Your service cap is likely not the same size as your beret! The service caps have a constant and more rigid shape than a beret, not to mention that berets tend to stretch a little over time. Because of the extra handling and the very high shipping fees for caps, we must charge a $5 fee to exchange any ASU Service Cap. Learn how to measure your correct hat size.
The Service Cap is worn as part of the:
- Army Service Uniform
- The Army has announced that all Officers and NCOs must possess the Service Cap for the ASU and that local commanders can optionally authorize the wear of the beret in unit formations.
- Blue Mess Uniform
- Blue Evening Mess Uniform
- The wear of headgear after retreat with these uniforms is optional. Headgear is required for wear under arms.