The Army Officer Gold-Blue Presentation Saber is an absolutely beautiful piece. WKC master craftsmen start with the US Army Officer Saber, and using a special heating/cooling method, the steel blade is turned to a deep blue (the color won't be a solid blue because it's not painted on but will not have as much variation as wood grain). During the etching process the entire saber (minus the etch) is gold-plated with 24K gold .
To give a general idea of the time it takes to create such a masterpiece: a WKC Schwertfeger can process 20 Army Officer Saber blades in the time it takes to create 1 gold-blue saber blade.
Note: Due to the soft nature of gold you must consider this saber a display item only! If you carry and wear it, remove it from the scabbard, and replace it into the scabbard repeatedly, you will quickly damage the gold plating by rubbing it off between the nickel plated steel of the scabbard and the blued steel of the blade.
See the Details tab to read more information about this saber.
- Guard: Gold-plated brass, then embossed to avoid pits
- Cap: Gold-plated brass
- High-carbon steel, tempered to 48-52 HRC Rockwell to resist abrasion, yet remain flexible
- Acid-etched, so deep one can feel it with a fingernail
- Marlow White’s swords and sabers have ceremonial blades. As such, they are built to strict military regulations to be used in drills, ceremonies, and displays. These blades are of the highest quality, but are not sharpened for use as a weapon.
- Made of 1 millimeter thick steel tube
- Included Accessories:
- The Marlow White Difference
- Product Questions
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!